When I needed something healthy and tasty to take to a wellness kick-off meeting today, I thought of the perfect thing…
Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Granola Bars
(adapted from fannetasticfood.com)
Dry – measurements don’t need to be perfect and can easily be substituted
- 1 & 3/4 C rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/2 C puffed brown rice cereal, Rice Krispies or Special K
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C slivered almonds
- 1/4 C chia seeds
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1/8 C finely ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 C brown rice syrup + more if needed to stick things together
- 2/3 C natural creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Put all the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
2) In another bowl, mix together peanut butter, rice syrup and vanilla, then microwave them for about 20 to 30 seconds.
3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix! It will be sticky but things will come together. Make sure all of the oats are covered.
4) Put the mixture into a pan and flatten it down.
5.) Cut into bars and enjoy!
I made these in my Chinet Bakeware and easily transported them with my to a wellness meeting! Then all I had to do was put them on a serving plate! It worked perfectly!
Ali, these look so good! Can you explain what “brown rice syrup” is? Could I use something else by chance?