Benefits of Treadmill Incline Workouts
- Challenges the cardiovascular system without requiring speed; ideal for people either not in the mood for speed workouts, or people who cannot ambulate swiftly due to orthopedic conditions.
- Because an incline challenges the heart at a slower walking pace, this means less impact on knees and hips.
- The slow nature is good for people either just getting back into exercise after injury, or for people new to exercise who don’t want to pull a muscle at faster speeds.
- Recruits lower back muscles to keep your body erect.
- A great alternative for people suffering from heel pain (plantar fasciitis) because of the minimized heel-strike impact, and the stretching of the foot with each step.
- An alternative for people who are getting bored with the running or flat walking
With the snow in air, it’s hard to remember this was less than 2 weeks ago.