I was recently given the chance to review HopeFull’s BellyFULL Popsicle Making Kit. I was super excited because I knew Anna would love it. Another reason to eat a popsicle, yes, please.
The kit included a silicone mold, pack of 100 sticks, healthful recipe book and kid’s chef hat.
The chef hat was an automatic win.
And didn’t come off for a few hours…
Until after the food in the sandbox was cooked for everyone.
And I was very intrigued by how well the silicone mold would work.
The BellyFULL Kit makes it easy to introduce whole foods to young children in an adventurous, playful way. BellyFULLs make eating whole foods fun for kids, and preparing them together can create memories which will last a lifetime.
Before giving it a shot, I glanced through the well-photographed set of recipe cards. Each card featured a picture and a simple to read ingredient list of real ingredients that made great combos.
I love that the recipes appealed to kids and grown ups as well. Almost every recipe included a vegetable pureed with the fruit.
For example, the Beet of My Heart was the name of one combo.
And the Banana Flapjacks include butternut squash.
The idea behind the BellyFULL product is simple. Blend a smoothie of sorts and pour it into the molds and insert the spoon shaped sticks for easy to hold popsicles.
To try it out, I made up my own recipe .
It was similar to our basic go-to smoothie recipe and I knew Anna would love it in popsicle form.
- 1/2 c. Fage 0% plain yogurt
- big handful of spinach (1-2 c.)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional if Adults are sharing too!)
- 1 banana
- 1 c. almond milk (or skim)
Process until smooth and fill the mold with the mixture.
I still have not figured out how to make the spoons stay straight in the middle. I assuming you have to let things set up before inserting them, but I would be sure to forget to put them in if I didn’t do it in the beginning.
What do you think she thought?
I think we knew where this was going. 🙂
I am looking forward to trying some of the combinations in the recipe book!
Here is a little more info about each part of the kit.
Make creative and playful frozen whole-food pop recipes that are sure to get your kiddos interested in (and eating) whole foods! BellyFULL recipes are perfect for children 9 months and older. All recipes are gluten free. The BellyFULL Kit is PVC, BPA and Phthalate free.
The BellyFULL Kit comes complete with the following:
BellyFULL Recipe Book
- Twenty simple and easy to prepare recipes (detachable by ring)
- Step-by-step instructions and helpful tips
- Full color photos of recipes and ingredients
- Nutritional information included for each recipe
- “Kids Can” section, offering fun, safe ways for children 4 and older to help make BellyFULLs
HopeFULL Silicone Mold
- 100% food grade USA silicone
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- Dishwasher, microwave, oven and freezer safe
- Makes 8 HopeFULLs (1.75 oz. each)
- Additional HopeFULL Freezer Trays can be purchased separately
Birch Wood Spoon Sticks
- 4.5″ long, Grade-A 100% Birch Wood
- Tasteless, odorless and very smooth
- Compost-able and biodegradable
- Perfect size to support a frozen BellyFULL or to spoon a small dish of warmed BellyFULLs
- Additional sets of 100 spoon sticks can be purchased separately
BellyFULL Chef Hat
- Heavy 7.5 oz Spun Poly Twill
- Looks, breathes and feels like 100% cotton
- Stain resistant and great washability with no shrinkage
- Velcro adjustable closure
- 8″ – 21.5″ Circumference
- embroidered BellyFULL logo and tag line “eat happily ever after”
Let me know if you have any questions!