Last week when I was thinking about fall and how it was going by so quickly, I decided to whip up a batch of pumpkin bread. I wanted to try a new brand of sweetener that I was recently sent called Swerve, and I also wanted some pumpkin bread. 🙂
For the bread, I knew I would wanted something healthy but very moist and super flavorful. Since I wasn’t sure how the Swerve would bake, I didn’t know what to expect!
I threw together:
Vegan (Low-fat) Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups of multigrain baking mix – I use Trader Joe’s
- 1 cup of sugar, or Swerve in this case
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1/4 c. almond milk (skim, rice or soy would work too)
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 T. ground flax
- Mix pumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla and flax together until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix baking mix and sugar or Swerve.
- Combine the dry goods with the wet.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a loaf baking pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 until baked through the center.
Enjoy the delicious vegan, low-fat pumpkin bread!