Thanks to Nasoya for sending me some coupons for some of their great products. I used the wonton wrappers to make some fun appetizers for the party on Saturday night. I am excited to use the Egg Roll wrappers for baked egg rolls on Thurs.
Turkey Stars (also known as Sausage Stars)
- wonton wrappers – I used 36
- 1 package of Honeysuckle lean turkey sausage
- 1 c. 2% natural cheese
- light ranch dressing
- Cook sausage until done.
- Bake unfilled wonton wrappers in muffin tins at 350 until golden brown
- While those are baking: mix cooked sausage, cheese, and 1/3 c. light ranch.
- When wontons are done, fill the little cups with the sausage mixture and bake again until cheese is melty.
Baked Goat Cheese Triangles
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tube of cranberry goat cheese from Trader Joes
- Put a small amount of goat cheese on the corner of a wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle.
- Wet the sides of the wonton to seal it together with the cheese inside
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm!
Next time I would brush them with a little whipped egg to get rid of the white powder on them and make them shiny. I might also make a dipping sauce to serve them with!