SNOW DAY #3 of the week. It is crazy that I have not been at school since Monday! I am a little worried about my kids, I hope they are warm and have had enough to eat all week!! Most of them will be fine, but a few of them have really rough home life situations.
I was semi-productive today. I wouldn’t go as far as very productive, but I did get somethings done:
- worked out for an hour
- made b-day treats for my neighbor
- made b-day treats AND took them to the post office to mail to my bro and BFF
- laundry: washed all of our sheets – again!
- laundry: every piece of clothing in our house is clean.
- lesson plans
So as you can see, it was SEMI-productive, nothing major.
Today, I was all set our to make 16 Bean soup from TJ’s and I started cooking it around 8:00am. Around 3, it was almost cooked and I could not stand the smell of it. Nothing was wrong with it, I just did not want to eat it. Sooooooooo change of plans.
Mexican Lettuce Wraps
- 2 chicken natural chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 lb. shrimp
- black beans
- 1 c. quinoa
- romaine lettuce leaves
- Fage 0%
- lime juice
- Mexican spices (from our Honeymoon)
- Frank’s red hot
- Cook chicken and shrimp in the last four ingredients listed.
- Chop all vegetables except lettuce. Pull lettuce leaves off in whole pieces
- Cook quinoa as directed – 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water
- Assemble as you’d like!
So good and filling! I don’t know why we have not thought of this before now! This will be added into our rotation of dinners!
🙂 Happy Friday!
Don’t forget to check out the new and improved RECIPE PAGE and let me know if you see any problems!! Thanks!