Need a healthy lunch or dinner for a busy school night? Try these simple and customizable chipotle bowls!
The chicken is a great blend of spicy, sweet and smokey and the other ingredients make it a filling and colorful meal!
They make great leftovers for lunches, too! I am huge fan of cooking once and eating twice or three times!
Healthy Chipotle Chicken Bowls
adapted from How Sweet Eats.com
- 4 T. adobo sauce from chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3T honey
- 1 T. dijion mustard
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2T cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts, cleaned
- salt and pepper
- green onions
- brown rice
- corn + black beans
- In a medium bowl, combine adobo, honey, dijon, olive oil, cilantro and crushed garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken and cover. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To cook the chicken, place in a hot skilled and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Simmer in the sauce to flavor.
- While chicken is cooking, chop the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Dice the avocado and reheat any leftovers you may want (leftover roasted sweet potatoes).
- Assemble the black beans and the corn. If you are in the mood for brown rice, throw it in the rice cooker before cooking your chicken.
- When your chicken is done, build your own bowl!
- Top with a dressing of salsa mixed with greek yogurt and cumin.