There is no denying the fact that SunChips taste delicious. They are super crunchy and perfectly seasoned or salted. I love the original flavor but when I received the Sweet + Spicy BBQ SunChips to try, I had a new favorite.
Brady and I could have easily chowed through the bag but I wanted to do something fun with the chips too. I put some into a bowl for snacking and made the rest into a fun recipe!
I considered many things before deciding to make a SunChip crusted shrimp. I figured that the SunChips would add flavor and crunch, similar to panko.
The SunChips were easy to crush and baked well onto the shrimp! I highly recommend trying them for a fun appetizer next time you have company or at your next holiday party!
Sweet + Spicy BBQ SunChip Crusted Shrimp
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 2 eggs, mixed together with fork
- 2 cups ground SunChips in your flavor of choice (we LOVE the sweet + spicy BBQ)
- 20 – 25 (21-25/lb) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined ( tails on)
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish until combined. Set aside.
- In a Ziplock bag, place SunChips and crush with a meat mallet or rolling pin until they are crumbs similar to the size of panko.
- Toss together chip crumbs with coconut and place in shallow dish or on a plate.
- Dip each shrimp in egg and then dredge in crumbs .
- Place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until shrimp cooks through (turn pink) and crumbs are golden, about 12-14 minutes.