Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It’s hard to believe that right after that, we will be in full-on Christmas mode.
Here is a fabulous side dish that would be perfect as an extra for Thanksgiving or when you are craving more veggies, in the days following the feasting.
It’s easy to make and easy to change.
It won’t disappoint.
Roasted Carrots with Nut Butter
Adapted from Oh She Glows.com
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch pieces/
- 3 tbsp natural nut butter – almond, tahini or peanut butter work well (I used 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter, regular works too but I prefer natural)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and cut carrots into desired sized pieces.
- In a another bowl, mix together the nut butter, olive oil, soy sauce pepper and salt.
- Mix carrots in bowl until fully coated with the peanutty mixture.
- Spread on the baking pan in one layer and cook at 400F for 30-50 minutes until crisp. So good.
- Eat and entire pan of cooked carrots and surprise yourself!