After such a busy and fun weekend, it’s time to recover with some extra veggies, more exercise and sleep. It may sound easier than it is to make that happen, but it’s time.
Here is an easy recipe that can be spread into lettuce leaves or on top of sprouted grain bread, like I did. It’s quick to throw together and packed with protein, healthy fats and flavor.
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- 1.5 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 can of Bumble Bee Tuna, (Albacore was delicious in this)
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- fresh tomato + lettuce
- Remove the avocado from the skin and smash in a bowl using the back of a fork.
- Add lemon juice, Old Bay and mayonnaise and mix to combine.
- Add the tuna, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread onto a piece of toasted bread or a lettuce leave and top with fresh tomato.
- Enjoy immediately for the best taste or store in a air tight container for lunch!
Or make a double batch to use as a healthy picnic appetizer. Simply spread onto a cucumber and top with a tomato slice!
Happy End of the School Year! Anna had a great time with her class at their last day picnic!
Her teachers: Mrs. Hollinsworth and Mrs. Hill