I love coming up with new recipes and ideas for entertaining. Especially recipes that are simple and taste great. This recipe came together before we went to Hallie’s for a dinner party on Saturday. I wanted something seasonal and delicious! It’s also gluten free if served with apples and Blue Diamond Nut-Thins.
I started to make an olive tapenade but decided I wasn’t in the mood for lots of garlic. I wanted a sweet + salty combo, that could be served with apples.
That is how the Pumpkin Glazed Goat Cheese was born. If you need a simple and seasonal appetizer, this is a good one. It will be making another appearance at our beer tasting party next weekend!
Pumpkin Glazed Goat Cheese
- 1 log of fresh goat cheese, any size will work depending on your group
- 1/2 c. sliced honey roasted almonds, or crushed roasted almonds of any flavor (sweet works great)
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 T. honey
- fresh apples, cut into slices
- Blue Diamond Nut-Thins or crackers
- Unwrap a new log of goat cheese.
- On a plate, spread out a thin layer of nuts and press or roll goat cheese log in nuts or seeds, until it is thoroughly covered.
- Place cheese on a serving platter with any remaining nuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, honey and maple syrup. Mix with a fork to combine.
- When pumpkin has been all mixed into a syrup, drizzle on top of goat cheese log.
- Serve with apples and crackers or Nut Thins!
* Any nuts or seeds would work for this but smaller seeds/nuts would be best. Also, if you aren’t in the mood for pumpkin, you can omit it and just drizzle with maple syrup + honey!