Water is great for our bodies for many reasons. Here is a little refresher on what great things it does for us:
- Protects our vital organs
- Regulates body temperature
- Protects and moisturizes our joints
- Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
- Moisturizes the air in lungs
- Helps with metabolism
1. Drink up in the am. Start your morning with a glass of water everyday.
2. Buy a bottle. Get a reusable water bottle of at least 24oz. (I use a 32oz. = 4 glasses of water) and try drinking a full bottle in the morning (before lunch) and a full bottle after lunch. When you workout, try drinking a bottle during/after your workout.
3. Keep track. Keep a mini checklist on your calendar or phone and tally when you had a glass.
4. Drink a glass of water before meals. You won’t even realize you did if you make it part of your routine.
5. Get hooked on it. I find that after drinking over a gallon a day for a little while, I feel dehydrated if I don’t have it.