Despite the fact that the last 5 posts have been about my BFF Hallie’s gorgeous wedding to her next door neighbor, this is still a healthy recipe (and Anna) blog, and I don’t have any weddings to go to this week. 🙁
So with that being said. Here is a great recipe for you and your family to make this week.
I made this meal as part of a cooking lesson I taught last week! It turned out fantastic. The boys did an excellent job.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin or cut horizontally to make 1/2 thick breast
- 4 T. flour (whole wheat or regular)
- 1 t. fresh pepper
- 1 t. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup capers in brine
- 1 cup. chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- 2 T. butter
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- When butter starts to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers.
- Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over pasta with a glass of Pinot Grigio