This is a great soup that will warm you from the inside will filling you up. It is nothing but veggies and can be paired with any healthy protein.
Healthy Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups frozen, chopped broccoli (stems and florets)
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. or more of fresh pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10-20 seconds.
- Stir in broccoli. Add broth; bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer and cook until tender.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. (Allow to cool so the steam doesn’t build up in blender). Add salt and pepper.