Who doesn’t love a one-dish meal? It’s simple and easy to make and serve. This one-dish meal is packed with veggies and nutrients. You could easily throw a little chicken on it, if you’d like!
Kale and Butternut Squash One-Dish Meal
(adapted from Fitness magazine)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until squash is lightly browned and slightly tender, about 12 minutes.
2. If your squash is not quite cooked enough, add a little water into the squash pan and simmer for a few more minutes.
3. Add kale, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook until kale is wilted and squash is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add cranberries and toss to combine.
6. Sprinkle with goat cheese.