With weather that changes this fast, I feel like it has been important to maximize time with the grill. This week I made a batch of kebabs that brought us right back to summer.
The sweet pineapple went perfectly with the salty pork and crunchy peppers.
Pork, Pineapple + Pepper Kebabs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from the canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter, melted for 30sec.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1-2 cans of pineapple, chunks in real juice
- 3 green peppers, diced into even pieces big enough to be grilled on skewers
- Trim fat from pork tenderloin and cut into even sized cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place 3/4 of the marinade in a ziplock bag with the pork. Seal and set in fridge to marinate
- Meanwhile, open pineapple and drain. Save juice for the marinade. Place pineapple pieces into a new ziplock bag.
- Cut peppers into pieces similar in size and put them into the ziplock bag with the pineapple.
- Put the rest of the marinade into the bag with the pineapple and peppers. Place the fridge.
- While everything is marinating, place wooden skewers in water – to prevent them from burning.
- When ready to grill, place meat, pineapple and peppers on skewers. I often put them on different skewers to make cooking more simple. But if you are serving company, alternate on each skewer.
Dive in immediately or serve room temperature!
Make these last few weeks of warm weather last while they can!