Make this as soon as possible.
Don’t tell your husband it’s pizza, just tell them you have something delicious for them to try.
I promise it will be a hit.
Carbless Cauliflower Crust Pizza
(adapted from Eating Bird Food)
- ½ head cauliflower (about 2 cups riced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T, Italian seasonings (or basil + oregano).
- Prep a cookie sheet or pizza stone or use parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Remove the leaves from your cauliflower and chop the florets into chunks. Add to a food processor and pulse just until the texture is similar to rice. If you don’t have a food processor or Vitamix, you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater or chop it.
- Sauté cauliflower “rice” in a skillet over medium heat and cook until translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes. (You can use the microwave for this as well. Just place cauliflower in an uncovered microwave-safe bowl and cook for 8 minutes.)
- In a bowl combine the cooked cauliflower with all remaining ingredients.
- Spread dough evenly over parchment paper or stone – about ¼ to ⅓ of an inch thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings.
- Broil the pizza for 5 minutes, or until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted. Allow the pizza to cool for 2-3 minutes then cut and serve immediately.