Anna’s birthday party last night was so much fun! With 11 little girls and 2 little boys, it was quite the celebration! I will do a whole post on the party but until then here is a great recipe for you to make this week!
It’s light but full of protein. Easy to make but hard to resist. And fresh and flavorful!
This recipe was adapted from a fabulous salad I had at The Sweet Spot in Chautauqua, New York. The Sweet Spot is a great cafe that offers a wide variety of lunch and bakery items. They are becoming famous for their daily special soups and sandwiches, their giant cookies and their to-die-for cheesecake. If you are ever in Chautauqua, check them out (located in Mayville).
Lemon + Feta Quinoa
- 2 c. quinoa, cooked as directed
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 2 med. scallions or green onions, diced
- 1/2c. or 2/3 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. of feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook quinoa as directed.
- In a small bowl, make dressing by mixing lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Add chickpeas, scallions, parsley and feta to the quinoa and mix.
- Add dressing and let set.
- It’s better the next day so let it set in the fridge and serve
It’s perfect to go inside of a wrap or to top a salad with!