Not sure that smile can get any deeper.
Our day was busy with a playgroup this morning then a fun birthday lunch for Sadie’s 2nd birthday at Cindy’s house! After lunch it was nap time for Anna and work time for me. When she woke up, we got back to errands.
It was freezing and we had to drop off some mail at a neighbors house, so I bundled Anna up in her new winter coat to ride in her little red car.
It’s a little big, and a little puffy, but it’s warm and cozy.
When we got home, we made chili for our dinner company. Brady’s aunt Karyn, cousins: Drew + Rebecca and Patrick + Jackie + their tiny new baby and his grandma came over for dinner!
They brought a huge salad and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I made baked potatoes, corn bread and two kinds of chili. I did a basic classic lean beef chili and this lentil + butternut squash chili.
It was super simple.
I love when recipes are easy and semi-homeade but healthy and hearty at the same time. This one is just that,.
Lentil and Butternut Squash Chili
- Bear Creek “Darn Good” chili mix
- 8 c. water
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of chili beans with sauce (vegetarian)
- 1 1/2 c. cooked lentils
- 2 c. roasted butternut squash
Start with a pack of Bear Creek Chili Mix and follow directions.
1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add packet of Bear Creek Chili, 1 can of tomato paste and whisk together.
3. Add chili beans and kidney beans and stir together.
4. Let soup cook together for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add 1 T. chili powder.
6. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of cooked lentils and roasted butternut squash.
7. Simmer together for 20-30 minutes.
Bu-Bye, See ya Soo!
PS. Where are her legs?