So far we are having a great time in San Francisco. Last night we went down to Fisherman’s Warf and Pier 39 to show Anna the sea lions. She a little more scared than excited by their loud, intimidating barks. We had a great seafood dinner and came home to crash.
Today the plan is to head to the Ferry Building to walk around the farmer’s market after we go on a run to explore Cal Berkley. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring!
One thing I do know is there is going to some major clean eating going on next week after this Foodbuzz Festival weekend of indulgence! Here is one thing that will be on my menu.
Roasted Squash Salad
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, diced and roasted
- 1 T. Mrs. Dash
- 1/3 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3 block of sprouted tofu, diced
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Peel the butternut squash then dice it into small pieces.
- Place squash on a olive oil sprayed cookie sheet and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash.
- Roast the diced squash at 450 for about 30 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, chop romaine and spinach and put in a large bowl.
- Add avocado, tofu and peanuts.
- Make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients and whisking together until well combined. Allow dressing to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- When squash is done, add it to the salad and dress!
This would be great with the addition of diced beets and goat cheese – like the Northstar winter salad!