A delicious dish to make for friends or for lunches this week! Simple and full of flavor!
Farro + Mushroom Salad
- 1 c. farro
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1.5 c. chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 2 T. dry sherry
- salt + pepper
- 1 T. sherry vinegar
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in a large pot.
- Stir in farro and 1 tablespoon salt. Return to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, thyme, and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until moisture has evaporated and veggies start to brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add sherry and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until pan is almost dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add farro and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in another 1T sherry, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Share on Facebook