I have the best kale salad for you to try.
My neighbor asked me to bring it to her house for dinner with Dr. Mark Hyman on Monday. ( More on that to come!)
I gladly checked out the recipe she sent, from Epicurious. I made a few changes to the dressing and voila!
Delicious kale goodness. Packed with nutrients and lots of great flavors from the fun ingredients.
Kale Salad with Almonds + Dates
adapted from Epicurious.com
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (if you have fresh lemons)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 bunches kale, stems removed, leaves shredded or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shaved
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper flakes.
- Add kale; toss well until kale is covered.
- Let sit 20 minutes.
- You can refrigerate for up to 1 day, or serve immediately.
- Add almonds, dates and Parmesan to kale.