We have had a busy few weeks and we are more than ready for spring.
One way we have been getting ready is by making healthy treats!
Healthy Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 cups of whole grain baking mix – I use Trader Joe’s
- 1 cup of milk (skim or almond)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- fresh strawberries
- frozen vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large glass bowl, melt coconut oil and then add milk, vanilla and baking mix.
- Stir to combine and drop dough onto a sprayed baking pan.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow biscuits to cool when they are done.
- While biscuits are cooking, chop strawberries.
- When strawberries are done.
- Serve with low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt.