My New Year’s resolutions are going to be a whole post, but one main one includes getting more organized. I am so organized on some things and so far from organized with other things. I prefer to call my style, organized chaos.
I like things to have an area or a place but not necessarily an exact position. For example, I like to keep all of my sunglasses in a basket in the cupboard but not in a specific spot. I like to have all of Anna’s craft supplies in a large tub, not individiual places and I like to throw all of my sports bars in one drawer, not folded neatly. This system works for me because it can be cleaned up and in a place but not impossible for me to manage.
This salad reminds me a lot of organized chaos. Lots of things that go together but no major organization. The more you throw together, the better!
I was missing a key ingredient – kalamata olives. I need to remember them next time and have written the recipe to include them!
Healthy Vegetable Salad
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag of frozen artichokes, seared in a hot pan then chopped
- 1/2 c. match stick carrots
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 c. arugula, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh pepper
- Clean and wash all veggies.
- Dice cucumber, cherry tomatoes, artichokes, olives and arugula.
- Mix together all veggies and set in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together dressing.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing.
- Serve with feta, if you have any 🙂
Off to enjoy more winter fun, while thinking of fresh veggies and Spring!