We had a glimpse of Spring this weekend that made me so excited for warmer weather, I can’t even stand it. I am ready to clean out the gardens, get rid of stuff, get out the outdoor toys and start opening the windows. But, I don’t think it’s going to last quite yet.
At least we got to enjoy it with a 4.5 mile morning run in Columbus with Brady and Janelle, an outdoor lunch with EB + Em and their guys at my favorite Northstar and a cookout for dinner at my parents.
Also in Columbus, Anna went to her first movie. Tom (Brady’s dad), Janelle (Brady’s sister) and her bf George took Anna to see the Croodes. She had a little trouble keeping the 3D glasses on, but had a blast!
I am so looking forward to grilling season again. Burgers, grilled veggies, pizza on the grill, etc. can’t come soon enough!
Here is a perfect spring recipe to kick-off grill season!
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
Hawaiian Turkey Burger
- 1lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, diced (white membranes and seeds removed to cut down on spice)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Barbecue sauce
- Red onion
- Romaine lettuce
- Hamburger buns
- Mix turkey with all ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into patties and grill until cooked.
- Top with fun toppings and serve with extra pineapple!