It’s not easy to find kid-friendly cookie recipes that you feel good about feeding your little ones. This is the perfect recipe for making with your kids and letting them sample the batter as you go.
With only 2 ingredients – you can’t go wrong with letting them eat the whole batch!
Here are the simple steps:
1. Grab a overripe banana and 3/4 c. of oats. (You can add vanilla, flax, mini chocolate chips, etc)
2. Find a smiley and willing helper who loves to taste the batter.
3. Place the banana and oats in the bowl and smash them together until all combined. Then stir, stir, stir.
4. Resist the urge to dive in. If you can’t resist it, go with it.
There are no raw eggs, no sugar and nothing bad can happen from a few little bites.
Or a giant one.
Probably shouldn’t share these with anyone.
5. Let your helper scoop the “cookie” onto parchment and a cookie sheet.
6. Toss the misshapen and uneven little banana blobs into the oven.
7. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until cookies stick together.
**These cookies are really good when they are fresh out of the oven. They are’t as good the next day, but they only take a second to make and are healthy enough for breakfast.