Another great weekend flew by and all of a sudden it was Sunday evening. We were lucky to have Brady’s mom in town and hanging out with us during the week. Then we had neighbors over for dinner Friday night and watched a movie on Saturday night. In between, we squeezed in workouts, sledding with Addie + Emmie, Church, a trip to the grocery store, a few hours of paddle, reorganizing the basement gym, and some family time.
On Sunday evening, my mom was flying back in town from being in California all week and Anna was very excited. My dad (Papa) took her to the airport to pick Mimi (my mom) up.
To get ready for their special trip, Anna and Brady made a sign so Mimi would know who was picking her up. 🙂
While they were at the airport, I made a simple dinner that was easy, healthy, fresh and ready when they got home!
I think the key to this recipe is making sure to get good tilapia. I love, love, love the tilapia fillets in the freezer section of Costco. They are individually wrapped, very very clean and flakey.
Healthy Panko Crusted Tilapia
- tilapia fillets
- 2 egg whites, whipped with a fork
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko or regular panko
- 1 T. Old Bay seasoning
- lemon, (optional) for after cooking
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with nonfat cooking spray.
- On one plate, mix egg whites and Old Bay seasoning.
- On another plate, spread panko bread crumbs.
- Dip each fillet into egg whites/seasoning and dredge in panko.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
- Drizzle with lemon and serve!
** This makes a great kid-friendly meal and a much healthier alternative to fish sticks!