We made it to Friday! Not too hard when it’s a three day week! I will take it.
Our week got filled up fast with classes, trainings, cooking and getting sick. I came down with this nasty cold yesterday that knocked me out for 11 hours of sleep last night. Thanks to my mom for taking Anna to my parents for the night so I could crash. I think it made a huge difference and I feel so much better this morning.
Today, we are running around and packing for a ski trip this weekend! We are meeting Brady’s cousins + aunts/uncles for a weekend of snowy fun to celebrate Christmas. I have a feeling there will be lots of pictures of bundled peanuts like this:
It should be a great time!
Besides lots of playing, we will do a good amount of eating! I haven’t decided yet, but I may bring this appetizer I took to New Year’s Eve at our neighbors.
Caramelized Onion, Fig + Goat Cheese Phyllo Cups
- 1 small log or 1/2 large log of fresh goat cheese
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- fig butter (Trader Joe’s makes a great one)
- olive oil
- 1-2 packs of Phyllo cups (available in most freezer sections near pie crusts)
- Place the thin sliced onion in a medium saute pan with about 1 -2 T. olive oil (or a little water if you want to cut down on oil). Cook onion on med- low until it gets brown and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Lay Phyllo cups on a tray you are going to serve them on. Place a small spoon full of goat cheese into each cup.
- Top goat cheese with a small spoon of onions.
- Top onions with fig butter.
*With the extra ingredients, I layered them into a bowl and heated up the bowl when I also served it at the party. People could dip pretzel chips or baugette into the dip.