Last weekend we had our neighbors, Faith + Jeff over for pizza on the grill and cocktails. We had a great time chatting about their upcoming wedding plans and playing cards.
And as if great company and pizza on the grill weren’t enough, they showed up with dessert and these fabulous appetizers.
Chicken Caprese Bruschetta
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. chopped basil
- balsamic vinegar + olive oil
- salt + pepper
- balsamic glaze (homemade or store-bought to drizzle)
- fresh baguette
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, tomatoes and basil together and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil + balsamic vinegar and salt + pepper.
- While that soaks together, cut a fresh baguette into thin pieces and heat in a 400 * oven until toasted.
- When bread is toasted, place a large scoop of chicken/tomato mixture on each piece of bread.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve warm.
- You could always add a little piece of fresh mozzarella under the tomato mixture!
We need to have these two over again, ASAP to see what other treats they will bring!