I am in the mood for fall foods.
Bring on the pumpkin. And the butternut squash. And the chili. And the warm cinnamon lattes.
Healthy Pumpkin Quinoa
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1/4 c. brown sugar – or 3-4 packets of stevia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk – I used almond
- 3/4 c. pumpkin puree – canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a med. saucepan, melt coconut butter over medium heat. Add quinoa and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and just toasted.
- Add sugar/stevia, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt, milk, pumpkin, water and vanilla.
- Simmer on low with a cover, until quinoa is cooked and thickened.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy.
- nuts: almonds – walnuts – pecans
- pumpkin butter
- nut butter
- extra milk
This would be great in a savory form as well. Take out the cinnamon + sugar + pumpkin pie spice and add a little garlic + onion with some salt + pepper.