I am having a hard time believing that summer is winding down and it’s almost time for kids to go back to school. I kind of refuse to believe that the days of going to the pool and slathering on the sun lotion are coming to an end.
So every meal lately has included as many summer flavors as possible.
This salad is a great example of my typical lunch.
Spinach Salad with Summer Fruit & Quinoa
- a big bed of spinach or other fresh greens
- 1 ripe peach, diced
- 5 red strawberries, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 c. – 1 c. scoop of cooked quinoa
drizzle of honey
drizzle of white balsamic vinegar
drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper
- Assemble the salad by laying out the greens and covering them with diced fruit and avocado.
- Top with quinoa and drizzle with vinegar, oil and honey.
- The only thing missing is some fresh goat cheese or a little feta.
- Eat outside.
After I set my lunch outside to take a picture of it, Anna insisted that I take a picture of her lunch.
When she realized that I had just taken a picture of her. She asked again for me to take a picture of her lunch.
She wanted her lunch on the “puter” she said.
Anna’s lunch of the day was a deconstructed version of mine without the massive amount of spinach:
- brown rice
- yellow cherry tomatoes
- fresh peaches
Luckily she approved of the last one.