Another one of Ashley’s fabulous shower recipes to share: Mary’s Baked French Toast!
This was beyond delicious.
It was decadent.
Perfect with fresh fruit and salad.
Baked French Toast
- 1 loaf of french bread (8-9oz) or whole grain bread
- 3 eggs
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. flour
- 6 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1- 2 c. raspberries or strawberries
- Grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Diagonally slice bread into 1″ slices and place in baking dish.
- Lightly beat eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in milk.
- Pour over bread, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture is like course crumbs.
- Turn bread slices over in dish.
- Scatter blueberries over bread and sprinkle crumb mixture evenly.
- Bake 40 minutes until brown.
- Cut in squares and top with berries.
Thanks so much Mary!
Can’t wait to make this for my next brunch. Or for company. Or just for us to enjoy!