This dish turned out much better than expected. It should be making many more appearances.
It was a hit because of it’s fresh taste, complicated flavors and delicious crunch.
It could be paired well with meat, salad, or just a spoon! Give it a try for something different – it won’t disappoint!
Thai Black Rice + Farro Salad
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. peanut sauce or dressing ( I love Thai Peanut sauce or marinade)
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro (1/2 c. ) chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 c. black rice, cooked as directed
- 1 c. farro, cooked as directed
- 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make rice as directed.
- Make farro as directed.
- Combine the two and set aside. In a small dish, mix oils, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and peanut sauce together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked rice, farro, pepper, mango and cilantro together. Stir to combine.
- Add dressing and mix throughly.
- Top with peanuts and enjoy!