Aunt Marilyn made this salad for two different occasions this weekend and both times it was amazing. She found the original recipe from her wonderful grocery store: Wegmans. Something similar can be found in Cooking Light, too.
Fresh and fun to chew! Anna loved all of the textures of the couscous.
Israeli CousCous Summer Salad
- 1 box of Israeli Couscous mix from Wegmans (their brand contains orzo, quinoa and baby garbanzo beans) you could also use Trader Joe’s mix, made as directed
- 3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup diced red onions
1/2 cup diced kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1cup of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1/3 cup lemon vinaigrette dressing, Wegmans brand or recipe below
- Make couscous as directed.
- Mix with veggies and feta.
- Add dressing and put salad in the fridge for about an hour before eating so flavors can meld.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, or 2T minced garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Blend lemon juice, basil, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper together in a blender.
- Slowly add oil while blending.