We are iced in here in C-bus. All of the schools were closed because of the layer of frozen water that covers everything! It looks pretty out, though!
This morning I am working on house things: laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, cooking and some Pampered Chef stuff! I am also trying to recover from the two spin classes I taught yesterday, in time for the one I am teaching this afternoon. Before I get back to it, I wanted to share this simple recipe I made for our friends for dinner last week.
Orzo with Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 1 package of natural chicken sausage – I used roasted garlic flavored
- 1 lb. of whole wheat orzo (regular would work great too)
- 1 can of organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 package of reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- Slice the chicken sausage into thin rounds and simmer on the stove until they are browned and cooked through. You may want to use a large pot for this because you will be dumping all of the ingredients together in the pan you cooked the chicken sausage.
- Add EVOO, diced tomatoes (with juice) and garlic to the chicken sausage.
- Simmer this together until the liquid from the tomatoes is reduced by about half and the garlic is infused.
- While the tomatoes and sausage are cooking together, cook the orzo as directed in a separate pan.
- When the orzo is done, drain it and add it to tomato/chicken sausage mixture.
- Add the package of feta and stir to combine.
- Serve warm or room temperature!
What is the weather like near you?! Are you stuck inside today or out in the sunny south?
My kitchen helper: