Asparagus is one of our favorite spring time veggies. It’s fun to roast and broil and can always make a simple dinner better. When I came across some fun asparagus salads, I was excited to try them because I figured Brady would be on board as well!
It’s so simple to make and goes great with anything from grilled chicken to tofu or shrimp!
Asparagus Bacon Salad
adapted from Skinnytaste.com
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, I use Costco microwave bacon – so easy and not greasy!
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread a layer of asparagus on top. Spray with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Roast at 425* for about 20 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- In a little bowl, mix mustard, oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper.
- Heat or cook bacon and crumble.
- Slice asparagus and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve with crumbled bacon.