If you are looking to spice up your boring salad or add some life to your New Year’s eating plan, try this salad.
It’s 100% fresh, healthy vegetables that pack a ton of flavor and will brighten up any meal. You can serve it on lettuce or dig in with a fork or a pita chip!
For a simple weeknight meal, I added some greek marinated chicken (recipe to come) and homemade tzatziki sauce and served it with whole grain tabouli.
Healthy Chopped Greek Salad
- 4 med/small or 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 large English cucumbers, chopped
- 2 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped (Trader Joe’s freezer section), canned works as well
- 1 c. pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c.red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dijion mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus additional sprinkled over the top before serving
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus additional sprinkled over the top before serving
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine all chopped veggies.
- Stir in dressing. Mix to coat veggies.
- Add feta and serve!