Krusteaz offered me the opportunity to try some of their new gluten free mixes, and I was eager to see what they were like. They sent a package that included their gluten free pancake mix, GF blueberry mix, GF cornbread and GF brownie mix. I immediately made a batch of their GF cornbread to give to a friend for dinner. I of course, saved some for us, and was impressed with how much we liked it. It was sweet and held it’s form but it wasn’t at all dry.
The next time I made the GF cornbread, I was serving a crowd. In an effort to try something new and make sure the cornbread didn’t disappear before all guests could try it, I made it into soup croutons.
The croutons were perfect for this healthy and simple meal of Black Bean soup.
Gluten Free Cornbread Croutons
- 1 box of Krusteaz GF Cornbread Mix
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/2 c. milk
- In a medium bowl, empty cornbread mix.
- Add 1 can of creamed corn, 1 egg, oil and milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25-32 minutes or until cooked through the middle.
- If you’d like cornbread croutons to be crunchier, cut them into pieces and place pieces on a cookie sheet.
- Bake again at 375 for 5-10 minutes until they get crunchier.
- Enjoy on top of soup or salad!