A simple fall salad.
An easy packable lunch.
A great dish to have leftover in the fridge.
All qualities I like when looking for a new recipe. This salad has them all. It’s packed with great flavor from the combination of sesame seed paste/butter (tahini) and the lots of cumin.
Lentil Couscous with Tahini Cumin Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. well-stirred tahini paste
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. lentils, cooked as directed
- 1 1/2 c. couscous, cooked as directed
- 1 very small red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt + pepper
- Make the lentils and couscous as directed.
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and salt + pepper until combined.
- Dice parsley and onion.
- In a large bowl, mix lentils, couscous and dressing together.
- Serve warm or cold!