Summer salads are here!
Thank goodness it’s actually fun to use the grill again. After the long, freezing winter and then a super wet spring, I never want to plan for the grill because it just seems like it won’t be nice enough.
But I feel like a break is coming, and grill season has begun!
This salad is perfect for making early in the week and using the leftovers for lunches and quick dinners. I am doing tennis one night a week and playing in a paddle league with Brady another night during the week, so I love to have quick dinners on hand and ready to throw together. This is one of those meals.
It has so many fun flavors that even if you aren’t a huge salad lover, you will love this.
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
(adapted from Menu Musings.com)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 1-2 lbs Napa cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 – 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 2/3 cup freshly cut cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces, dry toasted + salted
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 c. shredded basil
- Mix together the soy sauce, ginger, teriyaki, oil, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and salt to make the marinade.
- Trim and clean 2-4 chicken breasts and place them in a gallon ziplock bag with 1/2 c. of marinade. Mix chicken around so it gets covered with marinade.
- Save the rest of the marinade for the dressing.
- Allow chicken to marinade for at least an hour before cooking on the grill or in a grill pan.
- To make the dressing – add rice vinegar and green onions (optional). Save for later!
- In a large bowl, add the sliced cabbage, carrots, basil, cilantro, sesame seeds, diced mango and cashews.
- Add the grilled chicken and mix together.
- Add dressing and serve!!