We have had a busy weekend and week so far. Friday night we had Anna’s birthday party and we kept partying right on through the weekend and onto Easter and her real birthday, Monday. Then we ran to Columbus for a night and here we are.
I have a few more posts to fill in the details but until then, here is a great spring recipe!
Tahini Lentil + Herb Salad
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- Lemon Wedges & lemon zest, to garnish
1. Cook lentils and let cool.
2.Make the dressing in a food processor (recipe below)
3. In a large pan, over low-medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic for a few minutes.
4. Chop all other veggies and herbs.
5. In a large bowl, mix chopped veggies, lentils, and onion.
6. Stir in the full batch of tahini-Lemon dressing,