Tilapia with Fresh Chimichurri
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 fresh jalapeño chiles (about 1-3/4 oz. total), rinsed, stemmed, and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons lime juice
- About 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- In a blender or food processor, whirl cilantro, parsley, oregano, jalapeños, garlic, 6 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) salt until smooth.
- Taste, and add more salt if desired. Scrape chimichurri into a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Rinse tilapia and pat dry.
- Sprinkle all over with salt and black pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil
- Bake just until fish is opaque throughout, about 10 -15 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle a little or a lot of chimichurri over each piece of fish.
- Serve remaining sauce at the table to add to taste.