While we are in Mexico enjoying fresh chips and guac by the boat load, it’s only fair that I share a little Mexican flavor with you.
This salad is one of my go-to meals for serving company, taking to the lake for the weekend and keeping for leftovers in my fridge all week!
It’s easy to change according to what you have in your fridge, it’s colorful and full of fiber!
Mexican Bulgur with Cumin + Cilantro
*works well with brown rice, quinoa, and couscous as well
- 2 c. cooked bulgur (cooked as directed)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1.5 T. cumin
- salt + pepper
- Make bulgur as directed.
- Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, carrots and onion.
- Make dressing by combing above ingredients and mixing well.
- Drizzle dressing onto bulgur and serve!