We have another little foodie in making.
It’s hard to believe that Kate is already 6 months! She is already chowing down on spinach and peas that I have made, and broccoli is next for her! With my kids, I have followed some of the ideas about feeding babies from the book: Feeding Baby Green.
The ideas is that you start with foods that are green and go from there. This way the baby is exposed to green veggies before other foods and can develop a taste for them.
Here are a few of posts about feeding Anna when she was a baby.
While Kate was busy chowing spinach, Anna and I made a zucchini pizza crust. I topped hers with sauce and cheese and she loved it!
Zucchini Crust Pizza
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or with a grate, shred zucchini.
- Mix the zucchini, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Top with fun toppings and serve!