It’s not always easy to come up with simple, healthy meals that are easy to pack up and take to a friend for dinner. Healthy Enchiladas are one of my go-to meals, but when your friend is nursing and needs to follow a no allergen diet for her little peanut, you have to switch it up.
This fun + festive rice dish is made of whole grain brown rice.
- dairy free
- gluten free
- soy free
- nut free
Chinet’s Bake Ware because was the perfect size for this dish. It’s also disposable, or reuseable and safe for the oven and microwave.
Mexican Fiesta Rice: a healthy meal to take a friend.
- 2 cups of brown rice (cooked to make 4 cups, I cook rice in the rice cooker)
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives (or more if you love them!)
- 1 can green chilies, diced + drained
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup + extra for topping of salsa
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1-2 grilled chicken breast (or rotisserie chicken), shredded or diced
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice in rice cooker or on stove according to directions.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with rice.
- Mix together and place in Chinet Bakeware.
- Serve with more grilled chicken or enchiladas and a large salad!
Thanks to Chinet Baking Series for supporting this post!
Chinet Bakeware for YOU!
Tell me your favorite dish to make for a friend and Like “The Healthy Hostess” on Facebook!