Throwback Recipe: Brie Pasta
Brie pasta has been a family favorite recipe for years. After having it the Mackey’s, it quickly jumped into our summer entertaining routine.
While it’s not the most healthy recipe (i.e. pasta + cheese), it has many positives.
- It’s a huge crowd pleaser
- It’s easy to make
- It can be reheated well
- It’s decadent
- It can be a complete meal with the addition of a little protein
- It’s easy to feed a large group with
- It’s delicious
So find a reason to make it before summer is over and the basil is not as fresh, even if it means just inviting a few neighbors for a cookout.
Brie Penne Pasta
- 3/4 a large round of brie cheese (you could do more or less depending on how much you love brie)
- 3 large, fresh, tomatoes, diced
- 1 can of Red Gold, diced tomatoes with basil, oregano + garlic
- 3/4 c. fresh chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 c. EVOO, you could use a little less or a little more depending on how thick you like the sauce.
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. of whole grain small penne pasta
- Take the rind off the brie and break into little parts – they don’t need to be uniform.
- Mix bits of brie with tomatoes, garlic, basil, garlic, EVOO and salt and pepper. This mixture can sit in the fridge or on the counter for a little while to meld together before you use it.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- When the pasta is hot, mix it with the sauce!
- Serve with grilled chicken, shrimp or on it’s own!
Check out Red Gold’s FB page for a chance to win giveaways and more until August 30!