After having a baby, it’s so nice to have neighbors and friends drop off meals and goodies so you don’t have to worry about cooking. The kitchens stays so much cleaner, you can focus on the kids and enjoy taking a break from shopping, meal planning and prep.
And spend time snuggling these two cuties.
For today’s lunch, we didn’t have any visitors planned so I threw together this simple and delicious tuna salad. Tuna was the perfect thing to make because we had it in the pantry and it’s filling, full of protein and easy to use. I went through my fridge and threw together anything that sounded good. The creation was amazing. The clean up was almost non-exsistent, and it was packed with nutrients.
Brady made a wrap with the tuna salad by putting a layer of avocado under the lettuce.
I made a salad and topped it with tuna salad and avocado. This meal would be perfect to pack for lunches because you could easily make a wrap at your work place or eat it on a salad. I am sure it would get more flavorful in time.
Asian Tuna Salad
- 1 can of Bumble Bee canned white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 c. to 2/3 c. of matchstick carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced ginger, fresh (I store mine in the freezer to pull out and use anytime)
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut dressing (optional)
- 1/4 c. chopped cashews
- whole wheat wraps
- Drain Bumble Bee Tuna and place it in a bowl.
- Add chopped carrots and cilantro to the bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, dressing and salt and pepper together until combined.
- Stir dressing into tuna/veggie mixture.
- Add chopped cashews.
- Use to make wraps, salads or just eat with a fork!