We have spent the last week at the lake, and it finally feels like summer! It’s been hot and muggy, perfect for grilling out, skiing or floating in the lake.
Also, perfect for summer salads packed with fresh veggies.
Healthy Greek Tabouli
3 c. cooked bulgur
1 large cucumber, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
½ - ¾ c. of feta
- ⅔ c. chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 T. oregano
¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- Make bulgur/quinoa/couscous as directed.
- Chop all veggies and mix together.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing and set aside.
- Add all veggies and feta to the grain and mix.
- Drizzle with as much or as little dressing as you would like.
- This salad tastes better if it has been mixed at least 30 min. before eating so the flavors can meld.
- Enjoy as a side dish, or on a pita with a layer of hummus!