Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/content/07/5418807/html/wp-content/themes/freshnews/functions/admin-functions.php on line 643
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/content/07/5418807/html/wp-content/themes/freshnews/functions/admin-functions.php on line 664
One of the best ways to get back on track after a weekend or week of overindulgence is to dive into veggies.
Adding more veggies to every meal will help you to stay on top of your health and keep you on track during the week.
In the winter, when salads are less appealing, I always make pots and pots of veggie soup to eat for easy lunches during the week.
I usually just chop up any veggies that I have in my fridge and cook them together with bullion or chicken or veggie broth. Then I add some lentils and sweet potato or squash to make it more hearty and that’t is. Top it with some parmesan cheese and fresh avocado and you have a decadent tasting lunch in minutes!
It’s the easiest and coziest lunch you could ask for. It’s ready after 2 minutes in the microwave and it very filling.
Plus, if you have surprise lunch guests one day, you can easily serve them something homemade and healthy.
My basic weekly veggie soup recipe:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil – just so veggies dont stick to bottom of pot
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 whole bunch of celery, diced
- 1 bag of carrots , diced(I use regular carrots not baby, because they are easy to chop)
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 bag of lentils
- 4-5 bullion cubes or 4-6 cups chicken stock or veggie broth
- optional veggies (frozen or fresh: spinach, squash, kale, leeks, etc)
- Dice all veggies.
- In a large pot, add olive oil and veggies. Stir fry together for 3-4 minutes then add 4-6 cups of water or broth.
- Add lentils and diced, raw sweet potatoes.
- Simmer together for 25-35 minutes until veggies are softened but not mushy.
- Serve with avocado + parmesan cheese.