Just in time for Thanksgiving….
Butternut Squash Quinoa
- 2 c. quinoa cooked in 2 chicken or veggie bullion as directed
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 c. arugula
- 2-3 c. cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 2 T. seasoning of choice (Montreal, Two Brothers, Garlic Wine, etc)
- Make quinoa as directed using 2 bullion cubes in the water when cooking it.
- Peel and cube 2 – 3 c. of butternut squash and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Spray squash with olive oil and top generously with seasoning.
- Roast at 425 for 35-45 minutes until squash is cooked through.
- Then, slice an onion into thin pieces. Spray a pan with cooking spray and add 1T. olive oil. Sautee onion until it caramelizes, adding a few tablespoons of water when needed.
- When onion and squash are done, mix cooked quinoa with onions and squash.
- Add feta and arugula and serve.
Perfect for Thanksgiving or Friday with leftovers!